Costa Rica... My Home

Its been a crazy 10 days since I last updated my blog. I have chosen to do my blog a little different this time, more of a summary than anything, so bare with me.

Since last time, there has been 3 different teams here and two of which have left us. Both of the groups that came early last week were St. Marks and Celebration Fuse team both from Jacksonville. St. Marks had 29 people, whereas Fuse had 9. I was able to work with St. Marks most of the time but also worked with Fuse for two full days.
We did so many different things. The St.Marks team went to the cafetal, which is a part of Alajuelitaeveryone throws their trash. It was an old coffee field that has turned into something that is a stronghold for many in this community. It is 2 block off the central Catholic church and it is where all the homeless sleep, do/sell drugs. However, that isn't even the worst part about it, prostitution isn't illegal in Costa Rica, therefor making it legal and the Cafetal is a place that goes on. Some people even recruit girls from the local schools at 12-13 years old to come work at the Cafetal. The going rate is about 1-2 dollars an hour. It is a place all of us at 6:8 Ministries want to buy and take for Christ, however the owner of the field is dying from Cancer and has a very hard heart and won't sell it. Prayer is needed for the area. However, the St.Marks group did a great job of cleaning up a ton of garage, and a ton of people noticed what we were doing and thanked us!
The St. Marks team was mostly younger high schoolers, which was a change of pace from the last couple of teams. The Fuse team was mostly older high schoolers.
We got to do all three feeding centers at the church last week as well as Tiribi and Verbena feeding centers.
Hugh and I in Verbena. I was reppin' the Yo Soy Segundo shirt that day too! 
Tiribi Feeding - Thursday 
Verbena Feeding - Saturday
Fuse Team with Brandon and Allison as a bonus! 
Fuse Team Casa Azul Wall Art 
1St. Mark Team of 29 from Jacksonville
St. Marks Casa Azul Wall Art 
So much more information coming your way very soon. There is a team of 16 here from Pittsburgh and another team coming this Friday.

I have slowly realized that my time here in Costa is coming to a close. I only have 3 weeks left and then I have to go back to South Dakota again. I am so excited to share with my church and all my supporters and family about what God has taught me and a more detailed summary of my trip. It's been an amazing 6 weeks so far and can't wait for the next 3 weeks. There is also a nice surprise coming for all of you in a week or so, so be looking for it on Facebook! I have grown you think in my head that Costa Rica is home now and I am really getting use to all the cultural differences here.

In closing, just remember one thing, be the mission God has for you and where God has you placed. His mission for your life is where ever He has you, so live out His calling to the fullest!

Until Next Time,
Cody Perman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing a Creek with Celebration!

Rockin' the Flare - Daytona Style

Tico Style House Building