The Costa Rica Tourists Will Never See!

This Wednesday, I set off on an adventure that would take me to one of the most southern parts of Central America, Costa Rica. I arrived later that night. The only eventful thing that happened at the airport was that my good suitcase was ripped and ruined:/ The funniest thing was when I went through the last "customs" in Costa and the guy tried asking me why I was bringing 40 pounds of rice into the country as he was looking through my luggage, it was priceless. All I could say was, "Ministerio", all in all I got through! 


I started pretty much in fifth gear the next day in the morning. I was able to meet the team of 9 students and adults we had from Georgia and we went out to a community and played with the kids and then had a feeding center at Tiribi. Tiribi is a community that I have been in many times within the two different trips I have been on. It is a community that myself and all of my past missions teams has a huge heart for.  After Tiribi, we were able to go to the supermercado (Supermarket) and buy some food for a family that we got to bless. We took that food to their home and was able to play with their kids. 

With every team this summer, we have chapel every night, which typically starts around eight at night. Chapel is a time for the States team and the staff/interns to all get together and worship. We also have someone speak and some debrief of the day. It's so cool to end the day on the second floor of one of our team houses, overlooking San Jose and the mountains.  

Friday the team from Georgia went on their free day to Jaco and us interns got the opportunity to help at Celebracion Iglesia (Celebration Church Costa Rica) feeding center. I was also able to get some shopping in to settle in here at 6:8, never thought Walmart here in Costa would be that much different but it was really different and confusing. It was an experience to say the least! It was great to have some time to get the things I didn't pack.

Feeding Center at Celebration Church
View out of our team house at sunset on Thursday Night
Child we played with in Verbena
Allison, Brandon and I have started a band called, "ABC Trinity" here in Costa, we are pretty big! First show next week!
View from Staff Apartments
Saturday we got the opportunity to go to a community called Verbena, which is one of the most dangerous places we go here at 6:8. Dan explained to the team before we went in that this was the place that the police don't even go! I know all the moms out there are being moms but the way I look at it, If God is for us, then who can be against us?! Yeah, I know, I pulled the whole Bible reference thing, but its true :) We got to play with the kids around the neighborhood of about 10,000 and towards noon we got to have a feeding center. The States team got to present a Gospel message before we served and then we had all the kids go first. 
Saturday afternoon we got to go into San Jose and tour a little with the team and get the "goodies" they all needed. The best thing about going into San Jose for me was the new defense I bought myself. I got myself a nice knife to carry around for protection, this may also be scaring the moms, but it is more for peace of mind than anything, also maybe coolness factor ;) We went out for pizza and then came back to the team house and had our last chapel with the Georgia team. They left late that night.

Georgia Team of nine
It was so cool to get to know the adults and kids on the trip from Georgia. It's going to be so amazing to be able to meet all the rest of the groups that are coming down this summer. Can't wait to see what God does and the different things he will do in this community and in the lives of all the team members! I am very behind with this blog and will try to update it again in the coming days. So much has happened since Saturday and I can't wait to share with you all of you. Thank you again for your support and your prayers, they are felt! 
Tell next time,
 God Bless 
Cody Perman 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing a Creek with Celebration!

Rockin' the Flare - Daytona Style

Tico Style House Building